The Global Health Technologies Coalition (GHTC) is a group of over 30 organizations working to increase awareness of the urgent need for technologies that save lives in the developing world. The GHTC supports policies and funding that advance research and development for new vaccines, microbicides, drugs, devices, and diagnostics with global health applications.
The GHTC is housed at PATH—an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children—within the Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department. PATH works to accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness GHTC’s entrepreneurial approach, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, GHTC takes innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs.
GHTC is seeking a Policy and Advocacy Associate to assist in the execution of advocacy strategies to influence U.S. policy. The Policy and Advocacy Associate will report to the Coalition Director and work closely with the GHTC secretariat team on tasks spanning the entire scope of the GHTC’s objectives and operations.
- Conduct research on topics related to research and development and other related global health policies. Generate content for policy position briefs, reports and other communications materials, in partnership with GHTC’s Communications and US Policy & Advocacy Officers.
- Maintain a roster of key officials working on global health R&D across US Federal agencies.
- Regularly update the GHTC Congressional Champion tracker.
- Monitor and analyze policy and financing developments relating to research and development of new global health technologies and advise on linkages to GHTC’s policy advocacy agenda.
- Track and monitor relevant policies, policymaker positions, and policy processes in order to identify mechanisms and data to influence. Conduct independent analysis of existing U.S. policies and opportunities to sharpen for impact, based upon reviews of evidence.
- Draft memos and leadership briefing notes as relevant to specific policy issues.
- Design and support collaborations with coalition members and external technical and policy experts. Solicit and collate technical expertise and viewpoints on relevant policy issues.
- Support the engagement of advocates on policy issues.
- Assist in the operations and management of other GHTC meetings including for GHTC full coalition meetings, annual member summit, and Hill events; maintain content in members-only section of the website; and participate in coalition meetings and follow up on action items related to policy priorities.
- Two to five years of professional experience in related field, ideally in some combination of technical and policy roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, business, or public health preferred.
- Previous experience on Capitol Hill, relevant government agency, or at an advocacy-focused organization preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent research and policy analysis skills, ideally related to global public health.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles and personalities.
- Demonstrated success working effectively while under deadlines.
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision.
Job Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States