IHME has two excellent opportunities for a Postdoctoral Scholar to join our Future Health Scenarios team:
- Be a key member of the Future Health Scenarios team with responsibilities that include: working closely with the faculty team lead on overseeing research and applications, improving and expanding the existing forecasting modeling framework, leading or taking part in writing and statistical analysis of research papers based on the forecasting results, and helping maintain the team’s ability to critically vet the large and detailed results.
- Produce results, revise and build new models for the future health scenarios team. Exhibit command of the methodology used in forecasting risk factor exposure, disease burden, population demographics, and health interventions.
- Lead and co-author scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop and implement new computational and statistical methods, with a strong focus on time series analysis of non-communicable disease risk factors (e.g. smoking).
- Independently carry out quantitative analyses and participate in reciprocal research projects. Interpret and vet results from junior staff, formulate conclusions, and inform team leaders.
- Develop, quality check, and distribute complex data sets to be used in epidemiological and statistical analyses.
- Create, test, and use relevant computer code (Python or R). Maintain, modify, and execute analytic machinery to produce results.
- Draft presentations, manuscripts, and contribute to funding proposals.
- Maintain scientific awareness and intellectual agility with data, methods, and analytic techniques.
- Provide ideas and content for the development of internal trainings. Teach established trainings.
- Contribute to research design.
- Other duties as assigned that fall within reasonable scope of research team.