IHME has an excellent opportunity for a Postdoctoral Scholar to join the Pandemics team. This position will work on IHME’s groundbreaking COVID-19 forecasts project, developing and conducting novel analysis to measure the direct and indirect impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, this Postdoctoral Scholar will be responsible for jointly developing and experimenting with alternative modeling and data approaches to measure COVID-19 indicators. There are three positions available.
You will be integrally involved in producing, critiquing, improving, and disseminating results. You are someone that is capable of keeping your team on track to meet deadlines and research objectives. You have experience with the publication process, and at IHME, you will build out your portfolio with several peer-reviewed papers. You thrive in a collaborative work environment and are capable of working on multiple projects concurrently while meeting deadlines. You keep current of recent scientific, engineering, and technical advances and are able to translate these into your research. This position is contingent on project funding availability. Anticipated start date is Spring 2021.
- Exhibit command of the COVID-19 modeling pipeline at IHME including the methodologies and respective components.
- Independently carry out quantitative analyses and participate in reciprocal research projects. Interpret and vet results from junior staff, formulate conclusions and inform team leaders.
- Develop, quality check, and distribute complex data sets to be used in epidemiological and statistical analyses.
- Develop and implement new computational and statistical methods. Create, test, and use relevant computer code (R and Python).
- Maintain, modify, and execute analytic machinery that generates publicly-available results.
- Contribute to drafting of presentations, manuscripts, and funding proposals. Lead and co-author scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Maintain scientific awareness in the area of COVID-19 forecasts and intellectual agility with data, methods, and analytic techniques.
- Other duties as assigned that fall within reasonable scope of research team.