Amplio’s mission is to empower the world’s most vulnerable communities through knowledge sharing. Our rugged, battery-powered Talking Book audio device enables global development organizations to amplify their reach in remote, low- literate communities. Talking Books provide on-demand access to information in the user’s local language, empowering people to gain new skills and knowledge to improve their lives. Since 2007, Amplio (formerly Literacy Bridge) has reached over 600,000 people in Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda through Talking Book programs and partnerships with organizations such as CARE and UNICEF.
Each Talking Book collects usage data and user feedback, which helps our partners monitor their programs, gain a deeper understanding of the communities they serve, and make data-driven decisions for program improvements. Amplio’s technology includes an audio content manager, a mobile app to update content and collect data in the field, and an analytics dashboard.
With your help, we can improve on these products and develop new technology so that other organizations can use our platform to reach vulnerable communities all around the world.
We seek a dynamic, proactive and highly motivated individual to oversee the design and management of “full stack” software development, including work on desktop applications, mobile Android apps, web applications, and back-end database applications, through all phases of the application life-cycle. This is a multi-platform role, using Linux, AWS, Windows, Android, and macOS. The ideal candidate will enjoy working across cultures.
- Design effective hardware and software solutions for the needs of our customers and partners, working closely with a multi-disciplinary
- Design and review system integration of a diverse set of components
- Set the direction and priorities for the R&D
- Work with engineering staff to define software architecture
- Write specifications for new software features and products
- Review code and designs throughout the development cycle
- As needed, develop small utilities, bug fixes, or new features
- Work effectively across time zones, while maintaining collaboration with remote team members
Education and Experience:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Eight years of directly relevant experience is desired, particularly involving product design and project management
- Understanding and documenting user needs and scenarios
- Writing specifications for user experience as well as back-end processes
- Familiarity with Data Structures and Algorithms
- Ability to move comfortably between OSes and environments
- A passion for excellence and continuous improvement, with a healthy pragmatism.
- English proficiency is required
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL: Position will be based in Seattle, WA.
We’re a small but mighty team. Your experience should represent a motivation to work independently and produce high quality work.
CLOSING DATE: Priority will be given to applications received by December 16,2019.
APPLICATION: Interested in the Product Manager position?
Please sendthe following to email@example.com: your cv/résumé and a cover letter containing how your experience relates to this role (include specific examples, please!).