SightLife internships are intended for academic credit and are not paid. Please refer to your school’s policies, requirements and process for credit eligibility.
The focus of this role is to support the development of a guidebook of global best practices in cornea procurement, including hospital relationship development and eye bank personnel management. This resource will be used to train eye banks in developing countries on how to increase access to sight-restoring corneal tissue for transplant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support on guidebook development, including research, creation of content and resources.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in cornea procurement to define global best practices.
- Assist the Project Manager in the planning and facilitation of team meetings.
- Report to Director, Global Donor Operations with progress updates and exhibit excellent project management.
- Provide operational support for Global Programs and perform other duties as assigned
- Support the Mission and Values of SightLife in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Pursuing degree in related field preferred
- Experience in writing, project management, and adult learning preferred
- Experience developing published content a plus
- Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent organization and time management skills, ability to meet project deadlines
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, technical writing experience preferred
- Comfortable with ambiguity and finding creative solutions
- Ability to coordinate projects simultaneously while documenting progress to clearly show current project status
- Experience facilitating trainings or developing lesson plans preferred
- Demonstrates passion for the Mission and Values of SightLife, including personal support of organ and tissue donation.
To apply for this internship, please visit www.sightlife.org.
Founded in 1969, SightLife is the only non-profit global health organization solely focused on eliminating corneal blindness in the U.S. and around the world. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, the organization leverages innovative technologies and best business practices to transform lives and unlock life’s possibilities for the corneal blind. SightLife works in partnership with surgeons and health organizations in more than 29 countries.