Panorama, also known as Panorama Group, is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Our goal is to maximize social impact by partnering with visionary leaders, social entrepreneurs, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector to codevelop solutions with audacious thinking, radical collaboration, and bold action. Panorama’s value proposition is helping partners to operate in smarter, more impactful, and more efficient ways.
Panorama is a community of organizations that include Panorama Strategy, a social purpose consultancy that accelerates progress for clients through audacious thinking, Panorama Global, a social impact nonprofit that empowers changemakers through radical collaboration, and Panorama Action, which mobilizes voices and resources through bold action. This role is positioned at Panorama Strategy. Read more about Panorama’s values and culture here.
Are you a creative problem solver, strong collaborator, and a master doer? Do you thrive in a purposeful, bold, and agile culture that allows you to be curious and craft solutions to ambiguous and dynamic challenges? Are you passionate about the intersection of issue advocacy, strategic communications, research, policy, and stakeholder engagement?
If so, this role will enable you to support organizations seeking to create a better future. Panorama Strategy works with a variety of partners, including small and large foundations, non-profits, private sector, philanthropists, and multi-lateral agencies.
We are seeking a Program Officer (PO) who has experience in the global health and/or global development sectors with an ability to actively listen, build trusting relationships with key partners, and provide creative, strategic recommendations to optimize project outcomes. The PO will support a portfolio of client-facing projects, drive and manage project deliverables and timelines, monitor developments in key issues areas, actively identify new business opportunities and synthesize a high volume of complex information to make connections.
This exempt, full time position reports to a Senior Program Officer. This position is available on a fully remote basis within the United States.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support a portfolio of two or more client-facing projects, which includes managing day-to-day relationships with partners, leading critical portions of calls and meetings, and owning major deliverables
- Propose ideas and recommendations on approaches related to strategy development, advocacy, communications, and/or stakeholder engagement based on understanding of clients’ goals and the issue area landscape
- Collaborate with project teams on complex workstreams to develop vision/strategy for projects and facilitate conversations with multiple stakeholders to drive towards alignment
- Anticipate emerging crises and opportunities, effectively communicating implications for clients and offering recommendations for path forward
- Work independently and in collaboration with team members to ensure the successful execution of complex workstreams
- Synthesize large quantities of input from both a micro- and macro-level to make connections and strategic recommendations
- Conduct mapping and analysis of stakeholders, frameworks, donor strategies, policy priorities, and activities within a sector and draw out insights and implications to inform strategic decisions that maximize social impact
- Play an active role in business growth by identifying prospective clients and partnership opportunities, drafting materials to cultivate new projects, and pursuing new issue areas where our team can fill a gap
- Monitor developments in key issue areas and flag opportunities for further engagement
- Support colleagues at all levels by providing real-time feedback and coaching
- Contribute to efforts to promote an organizational culture of continuous learning and improvement by proactively sharing information and lessons learned from projects, incorporating those learnings into action, and holding yourself and your colleagues accountable for results
Typical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and seven years of professional experience or equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- Experience developing strategies related to policy, advocacy, communications, and/or philanthropy
- At least one year of experience working in global development or global health
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, conceptualize, structure, and lead projects
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Experience in stakeholder or client management that includes experience working with corporations, foundations, multilateral agencies, and international NGOs
- Ability to successfully work in unstructured/ambiguous situations, creatively problem solve, and make recommendations
- Proactively works to improve processes, takes initiative, and displays a growth mindset
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Consulting experience a plus
- Previous international experience a plus
- Fluency in other languages a plus
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $85,000, alongside a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 90-100% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only medical coverage depending on individual plan selection and 15% employer-paid contribution toward dependent coverage premiums
- 99% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only dental and vision coverage (family members can be added at employee cost),
- Flexible spending account options for health, dependent care, and transit
- 100% employer-paid monthly premiums for life insurance, short-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with non-elective 3% employer contribution
- Employer subsidized wellness membership with ClassPass
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program which includes employee + dependent access to counseling services of up to 6 sessions per issue
- Up to $500/year per employee in matching contributions to eligible 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored supplemental paid family medical leave benefit of up to 16 weeks after 90 days of consecutive employment
- Flexibility to work from home anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology)
- Commitment to professional development and growth
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and optional cover letter on our Careers Page portal.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working at Panorama Strategy?
- What applicable experience and skills would you bring to this role, specifically related to project management, stakeholder engagement, and/or strategic communications work?
- What do you hope this role could offer you to continue growing in your professional career?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority review for applications received by 5:00 PM PT on Wednesday, September 7, 2022.
The hiring process for this role includes a phone screen, skills assessment, and interviews with the Panorama Strategy team.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodatios for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People & Culture team at email@example.com.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Panorama participates in the federal E-Verify system. All candidates should review the E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters for more information.
Final offer will be contingent on the completion of a successful background check.