The Program Officer (PO) at Panorama operates as a key contributor across one or more teams, with a focus on communications and stakeholder engagement.
The PO contributes to strategic planning and decisions, and is responsible for implementing a strategic, results-oriented, and coordinated approach to projects. Ensures the overall continuity of activities and deliverables, including alignment with advocacy goals and activities, and engages internal and external partners. Works independently and in collaboration with team members to ensure the successful execution of complex workstreams.
The ideal candidate will be nimble and strategic with the ability to quickly shift tactics as needed but not lose sight of overall goals. The PO will need to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times for deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional writing skills with experience creating a variety of communications materials
- Proven integrated communications skills across story/content development, thought leadership, public relations, social media, and marketing
- Understanding of global health landscape, key players, and issues
- Strong organizational and management skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work well with teams, and to work under tight deadlines
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Execute dynamic and complex communications strategies, adjusting priorities to manage new and emerging issues while maintaining alignment towards goals and desired outcomes
The PO will need to be a high performing contributor that can operate at a strategic level and deliver tactically. Deliverables may include talking points, briefs, and presentations for internal and external audiences.
Support issues/reputation management efforts, including tracking and analysis of policy developments, global health issues, and risks, and development of preparedness plans
The PO will need to leverage media and current news to adapt communications strategies to meet goals based on a changing landscape.
Manage relations across a variety of global stakeholders, such as private sector, philanthropic and government donors, alliances and networks, and NGOs
The PO will need to foster connections across partner activities and workstreams, as well as internal teams and activities, to maximize communications impact.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of experience in communications and global health, public policy, international relations, or related field
- Experience working on global health required; experience with vaccines preferred
- Skilled in building diverse coalitions including experience working with corporations, foundations, multilateral agencies, and international NGOs
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; other language proficiencies welcomed
- Ability and willingness to participate in domestic and international travel as needed
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Program Officer, Communications.”
Please submit your application by Friday, January 11, 2019.
The values Panorama shares in their work and in their lives also inspire their name and logo:
Panorama is an equal opportunity employer.