The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) is an independent research center at the University of Washington. Its mission is to deliver to the world timely, relevant, and scientifically valid evidence to improve health policy and practice. IHME carries out its mission through a range of projects within different research areas including: the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors; Future Health Scenarios; Costs and Cost Effectiveness; Local Burden of Disease; Resource Tracking; and Impact Evaluations. Our vision is to provide policymakers, donors, and researchers with the highest-quality quantitative evidence base so all people live long lives in full health.
IHME is committed to providing the evidence base necessary to help solve the world’s most important health problems. This requires creativity and innovation, which is cultivated by an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment that respects and appreciates differences, embraces collaboration, and invites the voices of all IHME team members.
IHME Client Services is seeking candidates for a Program Specialist to help manage a growing and increasingly complex portfolio of work. The Program Specialist will meaningfully contribute to all aspects of the team’s work including client outreach, content creation, communications, event planning, and support for personnel involved in these activities. This role can be fully remote with occasional travel, barring travel restrictions, to Seattle and to client offices worldwide.
- Become familiar with population health concepts; health sector business practices; and substantive areas of IHME research to understand the dimensions and uses of health data in complex multi-disciplinary analyses.
- Understand Client needs and determine how best to match them against internal competencies and expertise.
Contracting, Pricing, and Documentation
- Develop strong working relationships with legal officers and procurement officers in organizations globally, including within the insurance, life sciences, financial services, health advocacy, and business consulting industries.
- Working with IHME Client Services leadership and the state Attorney General’s Office, contribute to the development of templates for client engagement.
- Draft and revise concept notes, services agreements, master services agreements, amendments, non-disclosure agreements, and memorandums of understanding.
- Shepherd the negotiation and document redlining between IHME Client Services and the teams within client organizations.
- Contribute to pricing strategy, costing worksheets, and sample products.
- Help develop a repository of templates, standards, and other documents.
Client Support, Deliverable Production, and Invoicing
- Coordinate project work streams.
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables.
- Track and help advance the invoicing and payment schedule, including milestones and renewal dates.
- Participate in overall community of the Institute to help advance IHME’s mission of improving health.
- Perform additional duties as assigned that fall within the reasonable scope of this position as member of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, public health, medicine, or related social science plus 2 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and able to juggle changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A cooperative team player.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Conditions of Employment:
- Occasional travel may be required, up to 10%, depending upon projects.
- Must have valid passport or ability to obtain passport.
- Weekend and evening work may be required.