The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC) is a global partnership of more than 500 public, private, and non-governmental organizations dedicated to ensuring that all people in low- and middle-income countries can choose, obtain, and use affordable, high-quality supplies and related services to ensure their better reproductive health. Our global Secretariat is staffed and managed by PATH, which works to accelerate health equity by bringing together global partners to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The RHSC is currently recruiting a Project Specialist to provide essential administrative, financial, and programmatic support. The Project Specialist will be based in PATH’s Washington, DC office.
Specific duties and responsibilities
Communications Support – 25%
- Support the RHSC’s Brussels-based Communications Team to keep the RHSC website and other RHSC online tools, databases, and microsites up to date and functioning.
- Support desktop publishing needs as required.
- Learn new software skills and applications, as required, to undertake the above.
Events management – 30%
- Support to RHSC-led efforts at events management, including, but not limited to the General Membership Meeting.
- Oversee preparation of all contracts required to host major events. Contracted services could include, but not be limited to hiring venues, materials production, and technical support.
- Track all meeting expenditures and reconcile with original budgets.
- Oversee administration of events, including external correspondence, organization of meeting minutes, preparation of guest lists and invitations, management of RSVPs,
Finance and administration – 30%
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration to monitor project expenses against budgets, review general ledger transactions for appropriateness and accuracy, and correct budget and coding problems in a timely manner.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the policies, procedures and regulations governing the use of RHSC donor funding.
- Develop, agreements, purchase orders and work orders, and consultant agreements and monitor them for compliance and timeliness.
- Assist RHSC Secretariat staff to estimate program budgets.
Other General Support – 15%
- Provide basic administrative support necessary to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the RHSC Secretariat.
- Support the use of knowledge management tools such Teams, SharePoint, Box, OneNote, and Smartsheet; maintain and update these resources as needed.
- Assist RHSC Director and consultants with travel arrangements and expense reports, teleconferences, and schedule coordination.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred plus 2-3 years of directly related administrative, finance, and program support experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office Suite required, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint. Additional software experience desired such as Smartsheet, Mentimeter, Miro
- Experience in one or more additional computer platforms/programs highly desireable: CMS (Typo3, WordPress) and CRM (Capsule CRM or similar); HTML editing; FTP uploading; basic web management; design software (Adobe Creative Package)
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment
- Collaborative working style, but effective at prioritizing multiple requests for support and adaptable to changing priorities.
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective under deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Collaborative working style
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and alert colleagues as required
- Comfortable seeking out information required to complete tasks
- Proficiency in French a plus
- Cover letter required
- Ability to travel internationally once per year
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
PATH continues to evolve to support our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, most of PATH’s US based positions are temporarily 100% remote, within commuting distance to our PATH offices. When PATH transitions more broadly to in-person work, we will operate with a hybrid workplace model. Hybrid employees must reside within commuting distance to one of our PATH offices. PATH’s US offices are located in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
PATH has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees, interns, consultants, and temporary staff based in the United States. Individuals selected for job opportunities in the United States must be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination status, upon hire. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.