RTI is seeking a Public Health Analyst to join their team in Seattle, Washington. The individual will conduct health economics research and analysis in support of the Global Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) Initiative. Under the guidance of the Vice President for Global NCDs, s/he will analyze evidence and experience related to global NCDs, support communications within and outside the organization with multiple partners, and devise new ways to help countries and agencies reduce the toll of NCDs in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). This position is a full time 5 month contract position with possibility of extension.
- Research complex health policy issues and conduct literature reviews using published and web-based health sources
- Extract, analyze, and summarize economic and health burden data to contribute to health research projects
- Prepare project reports, memos, emails, and other program and project-related communications Literature reviews of current academic findings on NCD-related topics
- Data analysis using various tools including Excel, Global Burden of Disease, and WHO’s One Health Tool, among others Prepare summaries of research findings
- Prepare communications materials, including PowerPoints and briefing documents
- Bachelor’s level degree in public health, economics, or a public policy related field
- Two years’ related experience including international development, global health-related research, or experience working in a developing country context
- Demonstrated understanding of, based on research and/or academic study, basic health economics concepts and related issues
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency with and Stata or equivalent statistical software preferred
- Individual initiative and ability to work in a small team environment, accepting flexibility in work assignments
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize among work demands, and deliver impeccable quality products
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
To apply for this position, click here.