This position contributes to the calling of the organization through serving as the first point of contact and the face of the organization by greeting personnel and visitors, answering the phone in a professional and personable manner, and by providing administrative assistance to the Human Resources Team.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Represent Medical Teams International in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic way.
- Answer, screen, and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Receive and direct visitors, monitor logbook, issue visitor badges.
- Develop and track monthly schedule for front desk breaks and mailroom coverage.
- Ensure all front desk resources, forms, and handbooks are current and updated regularly.
- Retrieve and appropriately distribute all voice mails related to the general voice mailbox.
- Unlock the main entrance at the start of each day.
- Secure the front desk area, including the main entrance, at the close of each day.
- Notify the Facility and Safety Specialist of any facilities related concerns.
- Support HRBP with reports and employee recognition initiatives.
- Serve as primary contact for verification of employment.
- Maintain system for tracking all organizational contracts and agreements.
- Serve as primary point of contact for travel services vendor and book mileage plan travel for personnel.
- Manage bi-weekly office supply orders and maintain appropriate quantities in mail and copy rooms.
- Maintain mailing machine, and ensure adequate postage and supplies are available at all times.
- Order business cards and nameplates for all staff as needed.
- Set up and maintain staff mailboxes.
- Process outgoing mail.
- Plan and coordinate blood drives and flu shot clinics, in collaboration with HR Staff.
- Support in the onboarding process for new employees in coordination with the recruitment team.
- Support department-wide planning for activities such as offsites, team meetings, and celebrations.
- Support department-wide meetings with agendas, minutes, and action item tracking.
- Compile monthly management reports for HR Director, including HR metrics compilation.
- Support submission of HR Director Expense reports.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Provide other administrative support to the department as needed.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year office experience.
- Exposure to Human Resources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams Internationals Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Exceptional customer-service skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, and as a valued team member.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Pleasant, professional phone manner.
- Ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Moderately skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder.
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. Add more options and include field requirements.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.