The James Lab at the Benaroya Research Institute (BRI) in Seattle, WA is seeking a motivated research technician to join our highly collaborative team. Research in the James Lab focuses on the study of antigen specific T cells using flow cytometry and emerging cutting edge technologies. Utilizing these tools, we seek to understand key targets of autoimmune attack, to develop informative biomarkers, and to explore mechanisms of disease progression in autoimmune disease.
A Research Technician performs investigative research work, performing experimental procedures and operating specialized and highly technical laboratory equipment. Reports to principal investigator or other senior lab members.
• Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks, cultures and cell lines.
• Operate a variety of laboratory instruments such as spectrometers, plate readers, PCR machines, and measuring instruments.
• Perform chemical or biological analyses following written protocols.
• Prepare fractionated samples from blood using sterile techniques.
• Maintain lab records, prepare slides and conduct literature searches.
• Conduct routine tasks such as lab inventory.
• Conduct experimental protocols with minimal instruction.
• Contribute to progress reports, presentations, and manuscripts by gathering, organizing, and interpreting data.
• Confer with other scientific personnel; attend seminars and technical meetings.
• May train and/or supervise lab aides/techs.
Requires a BA/BS in a scientific field and work experience in a scientific research laboratory. Experience with flow cytometry and/ or immune assays preferred.
Must have strong mathematical, computer, data analysis, and statistical analysis skills. Must have good verbal and writing skills, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.