The Genomics Core Laboratory at BRI provides cutting edge technologies, including Illumina next generation sequencing, to study gene expression and epigenetics in single cells and bulk populations. The laboratory works collaboratively with investigators to further a wide variety of studies from autoimmune disease to allergy and asthma to cancer.
This position performs investigative work for research projects, including performing experimental procedures and operating specialized and highly technical laboratory equipment. This is a highly collaborative position in a team environment. Reports to principal investigator or designee.
- Initiating and conducting experimental protocols with minimal instruction.
- Maintaining detailed laboratory records in a literate and thorough manner.
- Operating a variety of laboratory instruments such as next generation sequencers, PCR machines, measuring instruments and robotic devices.
- Preparing laboratory reagents, chemicals, and stocks.
- Communicating with investigators to report results.
- Conducting literature searches and reading literature applicable to research area.
- Conferring with other scientific personnel, attending seminars and technical meetings.
- Requires a BA/BS in a scientific field and a minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in a scientific research laboratory.
- Must have strong mathematical, computer, and data analysis skills.
- Will also need knowledge of proper operation of complex laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Successful completion and documentation of experiments involving RNA/DNA manipulation required.
- Experience with next generation sequencing (RNA-seq) and high throughput sample handling preferred.