The Max Foundation’s mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer and is looking for a team member who will exemplify The Max Foundation’s Values & Guiding Principles. You model excellence by going above and beyond in every aspect of your work; show dedication through your passionate commitment to helping people face cancer with dignity and hope; spur innovation by seeking progressive ways to improve outcomes for our constituents; and value collaboration, working well with others at all levels and knowing the end result is better for it.
The Senior Development Manager will serve as a key relationship builder with external constituents and collaborate with leadership to develop and exceed annual fundraising goals. As a tenured and mission-driven development professional, the Senior Development Manager will cultivate critical partnerships that will promote growth and increase organization’s global presence. The Senior Development Manager will bring grant-writing expertise and develop the foundation revenue program. The Senior Development Manager will be a visionary leader and internal influencer who elevates a culture of fundraising across all aspects of the organization.
- Develop annual fundraising strategy in partnership with leadership
- Create and solidify foundation relations program by researching, prioritizing, and engaging mission-appropriate funders
- Write a high-volume of polished grant proposals and letters of inquiry for foundations and corporate partners; consistently track and report progress of active grants
- Cultivate a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors through the engagement process, including contact via: phone, e-mail, proposals, letters of inquiry, and in-person meetings
- Build and deepen relationships with current and prospective donors; serve as an outward-facing
spokesperson for organization’s mission, impact, and programs
- Research and identify new sources of funding at a corporate and foundation level
- Lead the organization in building out revenue tracking and reporting processes
- Strengthen development communications by working alongside the marketing team in crafting a
compelling case for support
- Partner with leadership to expand the scope of donor acknowledgement strategy and options
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or CFRE a plus
- 6-7+ years of nonprofit development/fundraising experience, with 3+ years at a senior development level, preferably in a global or public health-related organization
- 3+ years of grant-writing required with experience writing successful funding proposals, letters of inquiry, and grant reports
- Demonstrated track record of successfully meeting or exceeding fundraising goals
- Proven expertise with donor management software, Little Green Light preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Collaborate effectively with team-members across all levels and departments
- Experience working within an international team with diverse backgrounds
- Able to multi-task effectively, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, growing organization
The Max Foundation offers compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.