The Max Foundation’s mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, they create access channels to targeted cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries where no other means of access exist. They create those channels by working with pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, governmental and non-governmental agencies, health care providers, and patient associations. Their international non-profit functions as an operating foundation with funds raised spent directly on our own access programs, rather than given as grants to other charitable organizations.
The Senior Development Manager will serve as a key relationship builder with external constituents and collaborate with leadership to develop and exceed annual fundraising goals. As a tenured and mission-driven development professional, the Senior Development Manager will cultivate critical partnerships that will promote growth and increase organization’s global presence. The Senior Development Manager will bring grant-writing expertise and develop the foundation revenue program. The Senior Development Manager will be a visionary leader and internal influencer who elevates a culture of fundraising across all aspects of the organization.
- Develop annual fundraising strategy in partnership with leadership
- Build and deepen relationships with current and prospective donors; serve as an outward-facing spokesperson for organization’s mission, impact, and programs
- Research and identify new sources of funding at an individual, corporate, and foundation level
- Create and solidify foundation relations program by researching, prioritizing, and engaging missionappropriate funders
- Lead the organization in building out revenue tracking and reporting processes
- Write a high-volume of polished grant proposals and letters of inquiry for foundations and corporate partners; consistently track and report progress of active grants
- Strengthen development communications by working alongside the marketing team in crafting a compelling case for support
- Project-manage and execute fundraising events in alignment with organizational goals, including envisioning new development opportunities and bringing them to fruition
- Monitor, evaluate, and manage fundraising activities to ensure fundraising goals are met or exceeded; suggest improvements, as needed
- Steward board members and other key stakeholders on behalf of the organization
- Track and analyze donor management process and make recommendations for performance improvements
- Cultivate a portfolio of donors through the engagement process, including contact via: phone, e-mail, social media, and in-person meetings
- Partner with leadership to expand the scope of donor acknowledgement strategy and options
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or CFRE a plus
- 6-7+ years of nonprofit development/fundraising experience, with 3+ years at a senior development level, preferably in a global or public health-related organization
- 3+ years of grant-writing required with experience writing successful funding proposals, letters of inquiry, and grant reports
- Demonstrated track record of successfully meeting or exceeding fundraising goals
- Proven expertise with donor management software, Little Green Light preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Collaborate effectively with team-members across all levels and departments
- Experience working within an international team with diverse backgrounds
- Possess complex problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities
- Passion for continual process and systems improvements
- Able to multi-task effectively, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, growing organization
The Max Foundation offers compensation commensurate with experience. No relocation provided.
Click here to apply for this position. Please include résumé and cover letter.
The Max Foundation is dedicated to diversity in staff and is an equal opportunity employer.