The global health sector is undergoing a digital transformation in its ongoing commitment to solve health challenges and increase health equity. Our work focuses on supporting countries in using data and digital tools and approaches to accelerate and amplify their health investments, achieve their health outcomes, and increase health impact. An important driver and component of that work is the digital transformation of global health itself. The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to improve the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services.
PATH is seeking an outstanding Senior Engagement Officer to further this movement by supporting and amplifying our data and digital activities. You will join an amazing team with a thriving, innovative culture. This is your opportunity to contribute to an entire field of work and realize an extraordinary impact – the digital transformation of country health systems around the world. You will envision, manage and implement activities to achieve CoDE’s advocacy and communication goals. The Senior Engagement Officer will report directly to CoDE’s Director of Engagement and work closely with a team of communications and advocacy staff spread across PATH offices.
- Work closely with the CoDE Leadership and project teams to help shape communication, advocacy, and engagement strategies, priorities, work plans, and activities.
- Lead team strategy and work plan meetings to contribute toward the development and execution of the program’s objectives and priorities.
- Act as a first-level manager, including delegating, reviewing and approving materials, and guiding engagement colleagues.
- Develop, maintain, and build strong internal and external relationships with PATH colleagues, donors, health specialists and advocates, and allied public and private partners.
- Contribute to the design of new projects and write proposals to support business development and resource mobilization.
- Manage CoDE engagement projects from concept to completion.
- Oversee creation and publication of CoDE communications and advocacy materials, including fact sheets, web content, press releases, scientific publications, blogs, social media content, and policy briefing papers.
- Ensure that all media messages and activities are in line with PATH’s communication policies; reviewing content to ensure it is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice.
- Collect, review, and interpret communications and advocacy metrics, applying an adaptive management approach to refine activities and strategies to improve impact.
- Project-manage or collaborate on the production process and work with graphic designers on materials requiring professional design.
- Act as a PATH representative where needed, including delivering presentations about our work
- A minimum of five years working in strategy, communications, advocacy, and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Experience developing, implementing, and overseeing communications, advocacy, and engagement strategies with demonstrated impact.
- Experience overseeing and developing multimedia and online communications, including webcasts, podcasts, social media, websites, knowledge management platforms, etc.
- Experience creating and producing versatile communications and advocacy products for global, regional, and national audiences.
- Experience managing programs and projects through a project lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation skills, and relationship-building skills demonstrating a client-centered approach to opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- Experience supervising and directing others preferred
- Solid writing and editing skills in a variety of styles, for use across print and digital formats.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and as part of a cross-disciplinary, global team; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- Experience working in developing country settings and multicultural environments is highly desired.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Experience in technology and/or global health-related communications preferred.
- Ability to travel estimated at 15% time annually domestic and international travel.
- Strong graphic design skills including document layout and producing social media graphics and PowerPoint slides strongly desired.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States or Switzerland.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued. PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.