RTI Innovation Advisors help clients innovate by building capacity, providing insight, and accelerating technology from lab to market. They deliver consulting services and analysis that are rooted in research and reflect our multidisciplinary expertise. They believe in the power of teams, and our approach to learning streamlines the path to market for technologies and delivers better products with the potential for positive business and human impact.
As an Innovation Advisor you will provide strategic consulting, market and consumer research, commercialization support, partnership development and deal execution services to their clients. Prior experience in working closely with clients in a consulting or business development setting is required, and you must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to meet project needs.
In this role you will be supporting the Sanitation Technology Platform (STeP), a program funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to facilitate testing and launch of new sanitation technologies. You will work closely with a team, serving a variety of roles e.g., project leader, project team member, thought-partner.
If you are excited about challenging global social and client issues, applying both analytical and human-centered design to your work, this could be a great role for you. Those who have achieves success in the past are learners who value collaboration, enjoy working in a client-centric team, and approach problems with objectivity and scientific rigor.
This position’s primary responsibility will be to support technology developers and commercialization partners working to bring new sanitation technologies to emerging markets.
- Work with technology developers to identify, engage, and manage their relationship with commercialization partners
- Advise commercialization partners (mostly companies) on new product launch in emerging markets (including R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing and sales challenges associated with market entry)
- Lead the collection and analysis of primary and secondary market intelligence, both quantitative and qualitative; turning that data into actionable insights and financial projections for the client and their partners to enable business decisions, go-to-market strategies, and technology/product development
- Engage comfortably in discussions regarding the user experience, marketing strategy, technical features of a product, policy & regulation, or manufacturing / supply chain implications, as they apply to water and sanitation.
- Facilitate contract negotiations for licensing and distribution of new technologies, supporting partnership agreements across the ecosystem (supply chain partners, funding partners and commercial partners)
- Drive projects independently, including activities such as scoping, budgeting, team / sub-contractor management, content leadership, and client meetings
Coordinate multiple projects, teams, and individual roles across geographies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or international development
10+ years of progressive work experience including 5+ years of client-facing experience working with a variety of commercial, multinational, governmental and/or non-profit clients
- Experience supporting contract negotiations and partnership development with commercial entities and other ecosystem partners
- Project management and / or initiative leadership experience
- Strong written (MS PowerPoint and Word) and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to the delivery of high-quality work products
- Experience working on or being part of international projects in an emerging market context
- Experience with sanitation technologies (evaluation, development, launch, etc.)
MBA or equivalent work experience
Prior experience as a multi-functional product manager for a company in Water and Sanitation
Experience performing business and market assessments including market sizing, business model testing, financial modeling, and scenario planning.
To apply, click here: