The Max Foundation’s mission is to increase global access to treatment, care, and support for people living with cancer. Specifically, we create access channels to innovative cancer medicines for people in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) where no other means of access exist. We work with national cancer centers and other public institutions, health care providers, patient associations, pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers, and governmental and non-governmental agencies to provide access to life-saving treatments.
The Senior Marketing & Communications Manager will report to the VP of Development and will provide expertise and implementation to our marketing & public relations (PR) plans. They will collaborate with leadership and provide strategy recommendations. This position will create high quality, high-impact content across all departments and closely collaborate with the development team on content for fundraising initiatives. Content creation includes digital assets, copywriting, interviewing, social media, and more.
- Curate, write, edit, and update content for The Max Foundation’s audiences. Content areas include: marketing (social media, blog posts, brochures), programs (Regional collateral, fact sheets), development (video production, events, campaigns, appeals), and more
- Implement the PR efforts of the organization including press releases, media relations, internal communication SOPs, organizational messaging, and more.
- Responsible for making recommendations and contributing to the direction of Marketing & Communication plans, in alignment with organizational strategy and in partnership with leadership
- Collaborates with global team-members across the organization to gather content and stories for communicating to external audiences
- Performs complex and strategically critical assignments in their functional area
- Builds influential relationships with The Max Foundation partners and has built a network of people in peer organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s or relevant certification, a plus
- 5-7+ years of full-time experience in a marketing and/or PR role • Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to make critical decisions • Strong project management skills and ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment with a solid track-record of following through on commitments
- Experience working in a global and multicultural capacity across time zones and among diverse team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; written and verbal fluency in French, Spanish, or another language, a plus
To Apply: Visit our website at https://www.themaxfoundation.org/careers to apply. Please include résumé and cover letter.