Role Summary: The Senior Program Manager will direct and execute programs that are essential to providing patients in emerging market countries with access to cancer treatment, care, and support. They will contribute to program planning and oversee the operational performance while managing key stakeholder relationships. This position will play a key role in supporting, documenting, and mapping the development of operational processes for program implementation.
• Manage and grow strategic relationships with donors and partners
• Build and maintain relationships with patient advocacy groups, research organizations, and opinion leaders in key disease areas and other relevant topics
• Provide general support to regional teams for programmatic inquiries, and support regional leadership in addressing the key challenges in each region
• Guide regional team-members in implementing Patient Access Tracking System (PATS) functions — e.g., opening countries for new drugs, approving new physicians, sending Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) and drug label signature and review requests, transferring patients from legacy access programs to Max Access Solutions (MAS), etc.
• Measure and report on program outcomes and evaluations to external stakeholders; Sensitively handle confidential patient information and/or requests for data between affiliates
• Collaborate with external stakeholders on new initiatives to support MAS programs and patients • Lead and facilitate trainings for global programs team-members, including identifying relevant topics, scheduling, tracking participation, and collecting feedback
• Support the development and implementation of program policies and procedures,
• Prepare publications on The Max Foundations programs
• Onboard and train new team members, responding to the dynamic needs of a global team • Develop proposals for new partnerships and initiatives
• Monitor international guidelines, and update Max documentation and processes, as needed
• Work closely with the Senior Director of Program Strategy and Data Solutions to develop improved technical solutions that better support patient management
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, or a related field preferred • 5-7+ years of professional work experience in global health
• Robust experience in project management and leading program development teams • Cultural awareness and familiarity serving international populations
• Strong statistical analysis and technical writing skills, pharmacovigilance reporting experience a plus
• Self-starter who takes ownership over tasks and has meticulous attention to detail
• Critical thinker and problem solver with excellent judgment and decision-making skills
• Competence with software applications (Microsoft Suite, database management, project management)
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; Verbal and written fluency in French, Spanish or another language a plus
• Mission-driven and willing to conduct yourself by our organizational values and guiding principles
Note: Due to COVID-19, Max team-members are primarily working from home.