About The Ascend Fund
The Ascend Fund is a collaborative fund dedicated to accelerating the pace of change toward gender parity in U.S. politics. The fund pools philanthropic capital to support nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations that are breaking down the barriers that prevent women from running for office and working to ensure women have access to the resource and support they need to win. Learn more about The Ascend Fund here.
Position Summary & Key Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for providing general programmatic support and overseeing a portfolio of grants. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager should have a core competency in either fundraising or communications.
- Serve as thought partner to the Director of the Ascend Fund and the CEO in shaping fund strategy.
- Cultivate, track and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders and organizations.
- Monitor, research, analyze, and report on developments related to women and politics in the United States.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Director of the Ascend Fund in advancing fund’s goal.
- Support execution of strategic plan by exploring opportunities for innovative investment.
- Manage grant work stream including RFP process, review and analysis of grant proposals, and funding approval process.
- Build relationships with grantees through regular, proactive communication. Focus on identifying opportunities for partnership and collaboration and increasing efficiencies and reducing redundancies. Maximize impact of grants by providing support and thought leadership to partners.
- Assist with the monitoring and evaluation process, including tracking and documenting grantees’ activities and assessing impact.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO, Director of the Ascend Fund, and consultants to successfully execute the fundraising plan.
- Manage donor prospecting, conduct associated background research, and create collateral materials for potential philanthropic funders.
- Maintain CRM database (Salesforce) and oversee development and expansion of donor relationships.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of the Ascend Fund, communications officer, and consultants to execute the communication plan.
- Maintain monthly editorial calendar and create regular original content for a variety of audiences, including funders and grantees.
- Identify external communication opportunities to raise awareness of fund, issue, and partners.
This position reports to the Director of the Ascend Fund.
Position Requirements & Qualifications
- At least three years of professional experience in relevant field, experience working in politics and/or on campaigns preferred.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- Passionate about electing women of all ethnicities, from diverse backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses, on both sides of the aisle, at all levels of offices, across the country.
- Knowledgeable of the political landscape and the unique challenges women face when running for office.
- Highly organized, with strong project management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize across projects.
- Must be able to travel domestically as needed, up to 10%.
- Preferred location for position is Seattle, WA. Candidates in Washington, DC or New York, NY would be considered for remote work based on strength of qualifications and fit.
- Panorama offers a competitive salary depending on experience and a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and sick leave, 401(k) with employer contribution, as well as flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit, and a commitment to professional development and growth.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and two relevant work samples. Please upload work samples as a single file.
The Ascend Fund is powered by Panorama. Panorama is an action tank dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact.
At Panorama, our partners are at the center of our work and we tailor our approach to meet their unique needs. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship with topical projects in, but not limited to, outbreak preparedness, vaccines, gender equity, and the climate crises.
Panorama’s values are reflected in our lives, work, name, and logo.
- We take a Global Perspective, and embrace diverse thinking and experiences.
- Our Vision requires that we see the big picture and examine all angles.
- Personal and professional Integrity positions us to wholly commit and steadfastly hold to our purpose.
- Believers in Servant Leadership, Panorama is a mission-driven organization working for the greater good.
- We strive for Impact, and our team acts boldly and creates a ripple effect.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.