The Terron Group – a women, minority-owned sustainability consulting firm – works internationally advising clients ESG issues and on how to improve sustainability performance. We are passionate about building a culture of trust, diversity, equity and inclusion while promoting a healthy, happy, work-life balance.
We are searching for a junior to mid-level sustainability assistant to support our growth in delivering our social, environmental, health and sustainability services. This role requires a background in social science, demography, public health, change management, CSR or related fields with strong analytical, research and writing skills. Candidates with experience conducting field studies, site visits, interviews and client workshops in international contexts, and a strong desire to apply their technical skills in the field of sustainability consulting are highly encouraged to apply.
- Deliver timely support assisting with social and health sustainability projects and other tasks as required.
- Qualitative and quantitative data gathering for baseline studies and impact assessments following international standards.
- Assist with and track performance for management plans, protocols and systems to help clients implement social and health mitigation measures.
- Materials preparation for stakeholder engagement including field interviews and community meetings.
- Provide support during virtual sessions and strategy workshops including the development of presentations and accompanying materials.
- Research and project work in the areas of integrated management systems, stakeholder engagement, social audits, KPIs, and reporting.
- Support database and dashboard creation for social and environmental reporting.
- Research best practices and innovation on sustainability processes and standards.
- Support with client calls to deliver tasks if needed.
- Work within team of problem solvers. Help solve complex issues from strategy to implementation.
- Communicate with empathy and adapt communication to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Handle, manage and analyze data and information responsibly.
- Flex approach to meet team and clients’ changing needs. Manage expectations effectively.
- Take action to stay current with new and evolving technology, and be forward-thinking.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold The Terron Group’s business conduct, health and safety policies and values
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, demography, environmental field, public health or related field.
- At least 3+ years of demonstrated work experience in delivering excellent products and results for multisector clients in any of the following: social science research, social psychology, demography, CSR, geography, public/environmental health, epidemiology, health risk assessments, or physical sciences.
- Ability to work independently (able to deliver on discrete tasks), and as part of a team, while providing strong research and writing skills.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Due to the fast-paced and dynamic nature of a consulting company, the ideal candidate would have a flexible schedule, sometimes working outside of normal working hours to finish projects on time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
Application Process: Candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business on February 19, 2021. In the cover letter please demonstrate how your skills/experience meet the qualifications of this role. Please provide examples of specific work products you have produced. Three work references preferred.
Learn more about The Terron Group at www.theterrongroup.com.