The Terron Group – a women, minority-owned sustainability consulting firm – is searching for a seasoned sustainability professional to support our growth in delivering our ESG, health and sustainability services. We are passionate about building a culture of trust, diversity, equity and inclusion while promoting a healthy, happy, work-life balance. This role requires the ability to lead small-medium sized technical teams in the execution of projects and to take ownership of project delivery via project management activities.
Candidates for this role would also be expected to support in business development efforts and brining in new clients and work. Demonstrated technical excellence in delivering in the fields of social/health/environmental impact assessments; stakeholder/ Indigenous engagement; environmental and social management systems; IFC Performance Standards. Strong analytical, research, writing and presentation skills required. International work experience (field work) and Spanish language background strongly preferred.
- Take ownership for leading and executing on projects as an individual contributor and as project lead, managing (remote) teams to execute on work. Responsible for producing excellent results and delivering work on-time and within budget.
- Sample project work/tasks may include:
- Plan, write and execute socio-economic and community health baseline studies and impact assessments following international standards. Involve secondary and primary data gathering, interviews and analysis.
- Develop management plans, protocols, and systems to help clients implement social and health mitigation measures. Track and improve performance over time. o Work on stakeholder engagement efforts. Include strategy, material preparation and potential for field interviews and community meetings. Facilitate virtually at first, and in person over time.
- Prepare materials for and present via virtual strategy workshops.
- Strategic planning and execution in the areas of integrated management systems, stakeholder engagement, social audits, KPIs and reporting.
- Create databases and dashboards for social and environmental reporting.
- Research best practices and innovation on sustainability processes and standards.
- Work with team of problem solvers. Help solve complex issues with the ability to listen and integrate diverse voices, from strategy to implementation.
- Communicate with empathy and adapt communication to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Handle, manage and analyze data and information responsibly.
- Flex approach to meet team and clients’ changing needs. Manage expectations effectively.
- Take action to stay current with new and evolving technology and be forward-thinking.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, demography, environmental science, public health, planning or related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 8+ years of demonstrated work experience leading projects, delivering excellent products and results for multi-sector clients. Candidates with more experience will be considered for a more senior role. Experience working for private sector clients and/or development banks required.
- Adept at leveraging client relationships for business development purposes, bring in new business and play a leading role in client workshops.
- Ability to lead projects and manage teams for successful execution, and work independently or as part of a team, while providing strong technical, research and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Acrobat Pro with strong presentation skills.
- Due to the fast-paced and dynamic nature of a consulting company, the ideal candidate would have a flexible schedule, sometimes working outside of normal working hours to finish projects on time.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Equator Principles, IFC Standards, FPIC and UNDRIP.
Application Process: Candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com, by close of business on February 19, 2021. In the cover letter please demonstrate how your skills/experience meet the qualifications of this role. Please provide examples of specific work products you have produced. Three work references preferred.
Learn more about The Terron Group at www.theterrongroup.com.