Our dynamic, growing organization seeks a Staff Accountant to join our team in order to execute our daily accounting and financial transactions. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the successful candidate will be a strategic and analytical thinker, a problem solver, and possess a strong attention to detail. This position is based in Seattle, Washington.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that our day-to-day accounting and finance operations run smoothly, enabling the long-term success of the organization. This includes processing accounts payable, grant and fund accounting, contract billing, payroll, preparation of reports, banking, and maintaining records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Vendor management
- Invoice entry including fund accounting / job costing
- Vendor payments
- Corporate credit card expense processing
- Client contract billing
- Cash receipts
- Monthly processing via cloud-based payroll processor
- Posting allocation entries
- Maintain accounting files
- Assist with tax reporting, budget, and financial reporting
- At least a year of professional experience, preferably with a start-up or non-governmental organization
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Strong judgment and a demonstrated understanding of how to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience working at a nonprofit organization or on social impact issues a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed
- Panorama offers a competitive salary (starting at $50,000, depending on experience) and a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and sick days, 401(k) with employer contribution, as well as flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit, and a commitment to professional development and growth
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter HERE
Established in 2017, Panorama is a diverse team of aspirational thinkers with the know-how to get things done in a fast-paced and flexible environment. We work closely with partners to identify their needs and co-develop practical and results-oriented strategies. Approaching our work with an entrepreneurial spirit, we initiate our own projects when we are uniquely positioned to fill a gap. We are a growing organization that is committed to creating a culture of fun, inclusivity, and openness, always celebrating individual and project milestones.
The values we share in our work and in our lives also inspire our name and logo. Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.