Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Talent Acquisition Manager supporting Seattle Cancer Care Alliance contributes to the development and implementation of recruiting strategies for the organization in partnership with the Director of Talent Acquisition. The manager ensures the team of recruiters and recruiting coordinators have the resources and support they need to be successful in a full cycle recruiting environment. This key leadership role develops and relies on metrics, effective business partnerships, deep knowledge of recruiting best practices and the development of an effective team environment to deliver recruiting success.
The recruiting team supports recruiting across departments of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance including clinicians; leadership; administrative; and operational staff.
*Please include a cover letter detailing what makes you uniquely qualified for this role and what inspires you to apply.
- Lead, develop and inspire high performance from a team of clinical recruiters and recruiting coordinators to ensure successful client outcomes
- Drive the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to attract a diverse applicant pool
- Partner with hiring managers to understand objectives, assess hiring needs, create recruitment strategies, and manage searches through the recruitment life cycle
- Develop, track, and achieve recruitment measures and metrics to show success on overall recruitment actions, goals and progress versus plan
- Advise recruiters and hiring managers on selection of candidates and develop offer recommendations using tools and guidelines
- Ensure process and workloads are scalable and consistent across the team while ensuring that all needs, staffing volumes and defined metrics are met
- Coach and guide recruiters on development and career aspirations by developing the team through a combination of direct feedback, coaching, and personal development. Coach and guide recruiters on clearly defined performance and goal expectations
- Ensure team members have the information, resources, and technology needed to operate effectively
- Provide training to hiring managers and recruiters on recruiting best practices
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring manager interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure OFCCP compliance
- Work collaboratively with other members of HR to meet department goals and objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of talent acquisition experience required
- 3+ years of people management experience required
- 2+ years’ experience recruiting in the healthcare/clinical environment highly desirable
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader
- Strong domain knowledge and expertise in clinical/advanced practice provider searches
- The ability to operate as both a tactician and strategist as needed
- Proven ability to develop teams and maximize individual and team performance while maintaining a collegial and engaging environment
- Demonstrated ability to change focus and priority based on evolving internal client needs and an understanding of how to balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance
- Knowledge of federal & state employment laws
- Demonstrated ability to support the growth and development of a team of recruiters
- Track record of driving process optimization within recruiting
- Experience with HR/Recruiting technology including HRIS, ATS & reporting tools
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to build authentic, productive and collaborative relationships with departments, hiring managers and executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.