Forum One is seeking a creative Technical Architect with outstanding Technical Leadership skills to add to its growing team of talented developers. This position would be located at Forum One’s Washington D.C. office.
Technical Architects at Forum One are responsible for designing and building the solutions that directly address clients’ business goals and requirements. They demonstrate leadership and ownership over the large, dynamic client engagements on which they work. Their solutions take into account time and budget constraints while showing dedication to quality and innovation. They have a proven record of technical project management, and they contribute code and programming expertise to their projects. They are proactive and have excellent written and oral communication skills. They mentor other staff, are active in the technical community, and serve in a client-facing capacity throughout engagements.
What you’ll do
- Provide oversight and leadership on large projects
- Clearly communicate technical issues (and tradeoffs) to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Engage in hands-on programming tasks with the team to ensure that the final deliverable helps the client meet its business objectives
- Understand clients’ vision and work within time and budget constraints to turn that vision into actionable work
- Design solutions that incorporate and synthesize client functional and business requirements and goals
- Proficiently develops applications with modern frameworks, tools and processes
- Design and leads internal trainings on areas where they are specialists
- Provide expertise in developing and maintaining code repositories, create UI templates with APIs, participate in technical and peer review processes, and build interactive web solutions with industry standard tools and techniques.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 5+ years experience with PHP
- Significant experience with Drupal 7 & 8
- WordPress, Modern JS and Docker experience a plus
- Agency experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of security and performance principles
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, technical, and design-focused environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work effectively in a team and with all levels of staff
- Scrum Master Certification a plus
Why you’ll love it at Forum One
- All employees are owners
- 401(k) match
- 25 days paid time off to start
- Flexible work hours
- Killer benefits & professional development
- Amazing, world-changing clients
- Snacks, healthy ones and not so healthy ones
About Forum One
Forum One is a digital agency that combines tech savvy, issue sophistication, and design execution to help influential organizations craft solutions for the world’s most pressing problems. Since 1996, it has been passionately committed to helping clients extend their influence. Headquarters are in Alexandria, VA and it has offices in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C.