Washington Research Foundation (WRF) is seeking 2-4 Venture Analysts to assist with reviewing potential grants and investments. WRF is a private foundation based in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle that supports the development of groundbreaking technologies at nonprofit research institutions in Washington state. WRF Capital is the investment vehicle for WRF and invests in startups based in Washington, with a special focus on spinouts from the same nonprofit research institutions that are the focus of WRF grant-making.
Venture Analysts will perform background research on grant-making and investment opportunities currently under consideration by WRF. Analysts will gain a greater understanding of the process of commercialization as they work for a locally focused foundation and venture capital firm.
WRF VENTURE ANALYSTS:
- Work up to 10 hours per week remotely
- Receive compensation of $30-40/hour
- Are appointed for up to one year based on performance and mutual agreement
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must confirm with their school and advisor that they are eligible to work up to 10 hours a week outside of their school program
- Must be enrolled in an MBA program, a graduate health degree (e.g. PharmD), a graduate program in a STEM field such as chemistry, life science, information technology or engineering, or in a postdoctoral fellowship program at a Washington state research university such as UW, WSU, EWU, WWU and CWU. Please contact us with questions about the eligibility of other Washington-based institutions
- Must have the consent of their Ph.D. supervisor, academic advisor or PI
- Must display a history of entrepreneurship or entrepreneurial thinking.
- Participation in entrepreneurship training (for example, TEC certificate courses in Foster School, Program in Technology Commercialization, SEBA participation, participation in HIC or Business Plan Competition) or prior business experience will strengthen your application but are not required
Closing date: end of the day on June 30, 2021
SELECTION PROCESS AND TIMELINE:
- A Q&A session with current venture analysts will be held during the third week of June
- All CVs and cover letters must be submitted through our Embark application site by the end of the day on June 30, 2021
- Applicants will be informed whether they are invited to submit a full application by July 5, 2021. Full applications will be due by the end of the day on July 19, 2021
- Interview invitations will be offered by August 2, 2021
- Interviews will be held via Zoom during the week of August 8 – August 13, 2021
- Candidates will be notified of their final status by August 20, 2021 and asked to accept or decline any potential offer by August 30, 2021
- A virtual orientation will be held on September 9, 2021
If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.