Panorama Global is an action tank dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact.
At Panorama Global, our partners are at the center of our work and we tailor our approach to meet their unique needs. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship with topical projects in, but not limited to, outbreak preparedness, vaccines, gender equity and the climate crises.
Our dynamic, rapidly growing organization seeks a Vice President, Partnerships and Innovation to join our executive team to oversee and expand our evolving portfolio of innovative projects and collaborative funds. Working closely with the CEO and other senior leaders and collaborating across the organization, this role will be responsible for leading our business development practice and growing Panorama Global’s portfolio of projects and partnerships in support of the organization’s social impact goals. This role will have accountability for Panorama Global’s overall relationship strategy and will manage Director-level staff across the Partnerships and Collaborative Fund teams.
As a member of the Panorama Global senior leadership team, the Vice President, Partnerships and Innovation will help drive the strategic direction and growth of the organization, lead functional teams to support partnership development, fundraising and collaborative fund projects, and continue to build Panorama Global’s adaptive culture.
We are looking for a nimble and seasoned leader able to manage complexity. In just over three years, Panorama Global has grown into an organization with $25 million under management. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be a forward-thinking strategic partner who will embrace our broad mission to accelerate social change and ensure our growth is energetic and sustainable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Partnership Leadership and Management
- Lead the development and execution of innovative social impact initiatives, including overall strategy, key performance indicators, and project deliverables
- Lead the organization’s strategy and approach to manage relationships, share knowledge and engage in thought leadership on philanthropic trends
- Oversee teams working on fundraising partnerships and collaborative funds. Provide leadership and coaching and remove barriers for leaders of those teams
Inspirational and Effective Leadership
- Manage existing team of five and assess business needs for additional hires
- Cultivate a high-performing team by prioritizing collective success, team development, clear expectation setting, and regular performance assessment
- Develop a long-term vision and key performance indicators for the Partnerships and Innovation team, ensuring that its work aligns with and facilitates the organization’s overall needs and growth
- Model through leadership and support a culture of belonging/inclusion in which all team members feel valued and recognized as vital to advancing Panorama Global’s mission
- Contribute to senior leadership team’s efforts to promote an organizational culture of collaboration, open and frequent communication, adaptation, alignment with a common vision, and celebration of success in achieving specific project and broader organizational objectives
New Opportunity, Business Development and Organizational Growth
- Leverage network to build business development pipeline and grow portfolio of innovative solutions and collaborative funds
- Maintain robust knowledge of philanthropic sector and trends to proactively identify pathways for Panorama Global to partner with other organizations to achieve social impact goals
- Drive new opportunities and partnership by serving as the organizational brand ambassador and representing the organization and communicating our unique value proposition to external partners
- Collaborate with the Director, Partnerships to develop new approaches and processes for partner engagement and business development
- Partner with the CEO and senior leadership team to assess new opportunities and make recommendations based on strategic alignment and feasibility of the opportunity
Partner Engagement and Relationship Building
- Assess opportunities to develop new partnerships and strengthen existing partnerships with organization’s diverse, high-profile partners working on social impact issues
- Identify new tools and strategies to engage current partners and grow network of partners
- Identify current needs and anticipate future growth to implement best practices, processes, and approaches to ensure that partnership development infrastructure supports effective relationship management; collaborate with Workplace Experience team to identify and implement appropriate systems as needed
- Provide leadership, coaching, and oversight of the Director of Partnerships and is ultimately accountable for:
- Setting partner strategy and cultivating and managing select relationships and engagements with partners and donors on behalf of Panorama Global
- Overseeing project-specific partner strategy
- Conceptualize Panorama’s collaborative fund philosophy and strategy
- Determine approach for efficiently developing and implementing additional collaborative funds in the future
- Oversee the strategy and day-to-day management of the Adolescent Mental Health Fund
- Provide leadership, coaching, and oversight of the Director, The Ascend Fund and partner to ensure execution of successful strategy, donor engagement, and growth for The Ascend Fund
Desired Qualifications and Competencies
- Deep commitment to Panorama Global’s mission
- A minimum of 15 years of strategic leadership and career growth in social impact program and partnership development, fundraising, strategy, and management
- Knowledge of and experience working on projects through a system change lens
- A successful track record of creating and implementing a broad range of innovative social impact projects
- A strong network to build Panorama Global’s partnerships and portfolio of projects
- Strong aptitude for nurturing existing relationships and building robust partnerships strategies with a diverse set of stakeholders to solve problems including governments, businesses, foundations, NGOs, non-profit organizations, and community leaders
- Robust knowledge of the philanthropic sector and experience working with collaborative funds
- Experience developing and implementing organizational strategy and driving organizational growth
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, driving change management, and proposing new ways of achieving desired outcomes
- Proven experience in driving decision-making and developing strategic solutions
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and pivot to pursue new opportunities
- Ability to empower and inspire team members while providing the right balance between mentorship and leadership
- Ability to foster teamwork, develop and mentor others, and build collaborative relationships; proven track record leading teams and building organizational culture in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to manage through influence and use interpersonal/emotional intelligence skills and political acumen in respectful, collaborative, and diplomatic ways
- Combined experience, maturity level and flexibility to interact with a broad set of stakeholders and team members
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and highly organized professional who is entrepreneurial, resourceful, and creative
- Capability to maintain a sense of perspective and sense of humor through challenge, uncertainty and change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and Panorama Global’s values
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English; other language proficiencies welcomed
- Final offer will be contingent on successful background check
Panorama Global offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off and sick leave, 401(k) with employer contribution, as well as flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and transit, and a commitment to professional development and growth.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Applications received by 5:00pm PT on Sunday, August 30, 2020 will receive priority review.