Panorama is an action tank dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems. Based in Seattle, our team is committed to catalytic and collaborative partnerships, and inspired by a lifelong commitment to service, leadership, and impact.
At Panorama, we combine strategic thinking and partner with global leaders and organizations to make the greatest possible impact. Our partners are at the center of our work and we tailor our approach to meet their unique needs. Our team works on strategy development, communications and advocacy, resource mobilization, organizational design, and fiscal sponsorship with topical projects in, but not limited to, outbreak preparedness, vaccines, gender equity and the climate crises.
Our dynamic, rapidly growing organization seeks a Vice President, Strategy, Operations and Finance to join our executive team to develop and execute our operational and business strategy. This person will be responsible for Panorama’s two organizations; Panorama Global is a 501c3 public charity that receives and makes grants, fiscally sponsors projects and hosts funds. Panorama Strategy is a Social Purpose Corporation that works with partners to help them achieve their goals.
We are looking for a nimble and seasoned leader able to manage complexity. In just over two years, Panorama has grown into a $10 million organization. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be a forward-thinking strategic partner who will embrace this broad mission and ensure our growth is energetic and sustainable.
Operationalizing Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Use an organization-wide leadership lens to translate strategic directions and priorities into organizational capacity
- Working closely with the CEO and executive team, develop strategic priorities, business practices, and operations for Panorama’s two distinct business entities
- Develop short- and long-term business plans for both organizations that incorporate opportunities for scalable growth as well as risk analysis
Inspirational and Effective Leadership
- Model through leadership and support a culture of belonging/inclusion in which all team members feel valued and recognized as vital to advancing Panorama’s mission
- Contribute to executive team’s efforts to promote an organizational culture of collaboration, open and frequent communication, adaptation, alignment with a common vision, and celebration of success in achieving specific project and broader organizational objectives
- Develop, cultivate and manage a high-performing team
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
Integrating and Strengthening Financial, Operational and Compliance Functions
- Establish internal and external processes and key performance indicators for both organizations
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on operating condition of the organizations
- Utilize financial systems and tools to generate real-time forecasts, support sound business decisions, and build capacity to review programs from a budgeting perspective
- Develop financial operating plans, budgets, and department goals through collaboration and teamwork
- Oversee bookkeeping, audit, legal functions
- Direct human resources activities including recruitment, selection and hiring, payroll and benefits, staff support and engagement, and support for training and development.
- Ensure effective use of Information Technology systems
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and acting when necessary
- Manage grants accounting and oversight of preparation of financial reports for submission to granting agencies
What You Bring
- Deep commitment to Panorama’s mission
- A minimum 10 years of strategic leadership and career growth in strategy, operations, finance, and compliance functions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, driving change management, and proposing new ways of achieving desired outcomes
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and pivot to pursue new opportunities
- Experience creating and implementing sustainable business models, including business development, risk analysis tools, and business intelligence
- Background in both corporate and non-profit organizations
- Creation and execution of budgets and KPIs for complex organizations with a variety of funding sources
- Experience working with philanthropic funders
- Background overseeing finance, legal, HR, and IT functions, including budgets, audits, and taxes
- Proven track record leading teams and building organizational culture in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to manage through influence and use interpersonal/emotional intelligence skills and political acumen in respectful, collaborative, and diplomatic ways
- Combined experience, maturity level and flexibility to interact with a broad set of stakeholders and team members
- Ability to empower and inspire team members while providing the right balance between mentorship and leadership
- Capability to maintain a sense of perspective and sense of humor through challenge, uncertainty and change
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Established in 2017, Panorama is a diverse team of aspirational thinkers with the know-how to get things done in a fast-paced and flexible environment. We work closely with partners to identify their needs and co-develop practical and results-oriented strategies. Approaching our work with an entrepreneurial spirit, we initiate our own projects when we are uniquely positioned to fill a gap. We are a growing organization that is committed to creating a culture of fun, inclusivity, and openness, always celebrating individual and project milestones.
To learn more, visit www.panoramaglobal.org.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.