PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Launched in 2016 by UNICEF and the World Bank Group, the Early Childhood Action Network (ECDAN) is a global network that connects, gathers, disseminates, and advocates for cross sector solutions to improve the overall wellbeing of young children and families, so that every young child is safe, well-nourished, healthy, happy and learning.
Since its inception in 2016, hundreds of members of the early childhood development (ECD) community have contributed recommendations for the type of network needed by the ECD community to advance the goals of its agenda — moving from science to scale and accelerating progress towards achieving the relevant Sustainable Development Goals for early childhood development. ECDAN is currently hosted by PATH.
On behalf of ECDAN, PATH is currently recruiting an experienced, resourceful and energetic Web Content Manager to support ECDAN and help it engage its partners and share knowledge and resources across its digital platforms.
The Web Content Manager is an integral member of ECDAN team who will work with its global team members to maintain and improve its digital platforms and improve partner and community engagement. This position will be filled by a highly competent information technology/website professional who has excellent website design skills, sophisticated decision-making abilities, and a flexible, open, and collaborative attitude.
- Ensure that ecdan.org is regularly updated and maintained in accordance with the content strategy, and the design style and layout guidelines
- Implement new features and functionality including tracking of any bugs and issues that arise, troubleshoot and fix what is possible and periodically liaise with the external web development agency while keeping track of long-term platform updates
- Create and manage online content including design of new page templates and layouts in collaboration with the Secretariat staff
- Use knowledge of web best practices to optimize content
- Co-develop guidelines for the content curation process for ECDAN and implement process for gathering ECDAN’s online content in collaboration with the Communications Lead
- Liaise and communicate with content producers to ensure their content reflects ECDAN’s standards
- Develop and manage key success metrics and site performance data and translate to enhance continuous improvement of ECDAN’s platforms
- Liaise with ECDAN’s Communications Lead to repurpose content and distribute to other online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic as well as repurposing content for other mediums like video and infographics
- Ensure web security and compliance with law (e.g., copyright and data protection) for the community platform and ecdan.org
- Liaise with ECDAN secretariat members to stay up to date with developments and generate new ideas to engage ECDAN’s different stakeholder groups globally
- Maintain & update ECDAN’s knowledge databases in collaboration with the Secretariat
- Map goals, tactics, and priorities to increase community engagement and develop tactical plan to support attainment of these goals
- Develop on-brand messaging that best represents the voice of the community and tone online and incentivize user-generated content creation and sharing
- Respond to comments and user queries in a timely manner and flag with the ECDAN secretariat
- Provide technical support to ECDAN staff as first line for troubleshooting
- Find software solutions to address organizational needs that arise and improve partnership engagement
- A minimum of 5 years of proven work experience in web and content management and/or community management with relevant experience building or maintaining websites, content management systems and community management platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field pertaining to journalism, communications, or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands on experience with relevant software and programs like MS Office suite
- Basic working technical knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web publishing and familiarity with GSuite, Dropbox and Slack
- Ability to provide technical (IT) support to ECDAN staff
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, and web traffic metrics
- Strong creative written and verbal communication skills and strategic problem solver
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g., building an online forum, launching an ambassador program)
- Proficiency with popular content management systems including CSS, HTML, WordPress and Elementa
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices
- Creativity and ability to develop and refine online content
- Familiarity with the social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely with a globally dispersed team under minimal supervision
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment for a growing, dynamic network
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have legal authority to work in a PATH office location