Washington Global Health Alliance
Washington State is a hub of global health, home to 268 organizations – foundations, research institutions, non-profits, and life sciences companies – that work in the global health space, employing more than 14,000 people in the state. Washington Global Health Alliance (WGHA) is a non-profit membership organization that strategically connects Washington’s global health stakeholders by creating spaces and conversations that foster relationships across organizations, disciplines, and sectors. WGHA member organizations have more impact in the world when working in a more collaborative culture here at home.
The first alliance of its kind in the world, WGHA was founded in 2007 and today has more than 70 members working collectively to achieve health equity. WGHA combines the art of partnership and collaboration with communications across platforms to share best practices and advance common goals to transform the lives of vulnerable populations around the globe.
The President and CEO (“CEO”) sets the vision and strategic direction for WGHA for the next chapter of the organization’s advancement. As such, WGHA seeks a visionary, inspirational, and strategic CEO to build on a foundation of success, implement WGHA’s strategy for the future, and operate an efficient, effective, fiscally responsible organization. The CEO will spearhead the development and implementation of strategies to assure the continued operational and financial health of the organization as it evolves to serve a growing population of global health organizations and professionals in Washington state. This leader will report to, and partner with, the 11-member Board of Directors and manage a small, passionate, and energizing team.
The role includes leadership and oversight of the organization’s operations, culture, values, talent and financial performance with the goal of achieving WGHA’s annual impact and revenue objectives. The CEO will work proactively with the board and staff to fundraise for WGHA, cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors and members, and strategically lead the organization into its next chapter, inspiring confidence and engagement among its membership, individual and corporate donors, partners, champions, and other members across sectors and disciplines invested in achieving global health outcomes around the world. In addition, the CEO serves as the WGHA spokesperson with key audiences including funders, foundation leaders, corporate leaders, and academia and scientific communities.
Candidates will be evaluated on the full range of their lived and learned experience, professional background, volunteer experience, and direct and transferable skills. WGHA is seeking candidates with a compelling combination of demonstrated experience and skills in some, or all, of the following areas:
- Well-developed communication, facilitation, and coalition-building skills.
- Knowledge about global health.
- Experience serving as an Executive Director, CEO, President, or senior staff member overseeing an organization, department, or division of significant size.
- WGHA’s mission and a strong belief in the power of cross-sector collaboration and partnerships to improve global health.
- Supporting the global health community and its practitioners.
- Promoting the organization, accelerating its impact, resource development and brand recognition.
- Foster collaborations across sectors and disciplines and manage high-level discussions with major global health leaders by identifying common interests and opportunities to align diverse stakeholders.
- Lead, build and inspire a lean, empowered, dedicated team to build a culture of collaboration in Washington’s global health community.
- Develop and execute an organizational growth strategy and achieve organizational goals.
- Communicate effectively in writing, in one-on-one and small group settings, speaking to large groups, and serving as a moderator for panel discussions.
- Develop and manage budgets and all aspects of operations of a membership-based organization.
The position is based in Seattle, Washington, and requires occasional travel.
The annual salary range for this position is $130,000 – $160,000. WGHA offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, retirement matching, a transportation allowance, as well as paid personal time off.
To Be Considered
The position is open until filled with a priority deadline of: April 17, 2020
Candidate materials are reviewed on an on-going basis and initial interviews will begin by late-March.
Please submit a resume and a two-page (or less) cover letter addressed to the Search Committee as a single, combined WORD or PDF document to the application site.
You may direct questions to Mr. Ed Rogan at email@example.com or 206.697.8428.
WGHA is a progressive and equal opportunity employer committed to creating a welcoming work environment. WGHA and the Valtas Group do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to a diverse, socially just, and welcoming work environment and people of color, people with varying abilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are especially encouraged to apply.