WGHA connects and informs the global health community, creating a culture of collaboration at home so our members can have more impact in the world. Founded in 2007, WGHA was the first organization of its kind and has more than 70 members working to achieve health equity.
WGHA brings members together through virtual events and conversations designed to advance common goals, share best practices, and foster collaboration across organizations and disciplines. Learn more at www.wghalliance.org.
The Programs Coordinator is responsible for planning and executing WGHA’s events (e.g., member roundtables, issue forums, featured speaker events, panel discussions, etc); supporting WGHA’s projects and programs; managing the technology for WGHA events & programs (e.g., Zoom); stewarding WGHA member organizations; managing and acknowledging donors, and updating the website.
The position calls for a dedicated, task- and detail-oriented team player who can design and manage events and manage relationships across a diverse network of people and stakeholders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Event Planning and Implementation
- Responsible for planning and implementing WGHA’s events, including member roundtables, issue forums, featured speaker events, panel discussions, etc.
- Working with others on the team, design program and event format, develop event briefs (with goals, expected outcomes, and metrics) and sponsorship prospectus, invite & engage members, coordinate speaker preparation, co-develop event marketing, and lead all event logistics and follow-up.
- Coordinate and support WGHA’s new and existing projects and programs.
Support donor development
- Manage and maintain donor activity records.
- Acknowledge donations for tax purposes.
- Manage donor cultivation and stewardship, with support from WGHA leadership.
Support event technology
- Manage technology infrastructure that supports WGHA events, programs, and related-communications (e.g., Zoom, Form Assembly, and MailChimp).
- Manage web updates, most frequently event and career postings.
COMPETIVE APPLICANTS WILL HAVE
- 3-5 years of experience in event planning & management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and to identify and solve problems
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and transparently in a small, fast-paced team
- Proactive ability to take initiative and move things forward amid competing demands and ambiguity to ensure high quality and on-time deliverables
- Excellent relationship management skills to work with diverse stakeholders
- A commitment to mission driven work and interest in global health
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Advanced skills in MS Office required
- Knowledge of public health, global health, or healthcare a plus
- Experience with virtual event platforms, website management, CRM systems, MailChimp, FormAssembly, and project management platforms a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Full time, 40 hours/week, with the ability to work occasional evening and weekend events
- Salary $50,000 – $55,000 based on experience
- This role is based in downtown Seattle but will be working remotely during COVID-19
HOW TO APPLY
WGHA believes that diversity drives innovation. We welcome people from all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Join our team by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Programs Coordinator Application.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled