Washington Research Foundation (WRF) is seeking 2-4 Venture Analysts to assist with reviewing potential grants and investments. WRF is a private foundation based in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle that supports the development of groundbreaking technologies at non-profit research institutions in Washington state. WRF Capital is the investment vehicle for WRF and invests in startups based in Washington, with a special focus on spin-outs from the same nonprofit research institutions that are the focus of WRF grant-making.
Venture Analysts will perform background research on grant-making and investment opportunities currently under consideration by WRF. Analysts will gain a greater understanding of the process of commercialization as they work for a locally focused foundation and venture capital firm.
WRF Venture Analysts:
- Work up to 10 hours per week, at least two of which must be at WRF’s office in Eastlake
- Receive compensation of $30/hour
- Are appointed for one term (but may be renewed for up to a year based on performance and mutual agreement)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- Must be enrolled in a graduate health degree (e.g. PharmD) or Ph.D. program in a STEM field such as Chemistry, Life Science, Information Technology or Engineering
- Must have the consent of their Ph.D. supervisor or academic advisor
- Must display a history of entrepreneurship or entrepreneurial thinking
- Participation in entrepreneurship training (TEC certificate courses in Foster School, Program in Technology Commercialization, SEBA participation, Participation in HIC or Business Plan Competition) or prior business experience will strengthen your application but not be required
Selection Process and Timeline:
- All applications must be submitted by the end of the day on Sunday, March 31, 2019
- Applicants will be informed whether they are invited for an interview by Friday, April 5, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Candidates will be notified of their final status by April 19, 2019 at 5 p.m. and asked to accept or decline any potential offer by Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- Analysts are expected to attend a mandatory luncheon and orientation on April 29, 2019 from 12-3 p.m. at WRF’s offices