The Washington Global Health Alliance (WGHA) is pleased to welcome six new board members to its 2019 WGHA Governance Board. These new board members bring a wealth of experience, leadership, and vision to guide WGHA.
WGHA’s Chair of the Board, Gabrielle Fitzgerald, officially welcomed the new board members at an orientation Wednesday, January 9, and will gavel in the first 2019 Governance Board meeting later this month. New board members include:
- Dr. John Aitchison, Co-Director for the Center for Global Infectious Disease Research, Seattle Children’s Research Institute
- Drew Clark, Senior Director for Philanthropic Foundations, World Vision
- Dr. Rhea Coler, Senior Vice President, Preclinical and Translational Research, Infectious Disease Research Institute
- Richard de Sam Lazaro, Regional Manager, Expedia Group
- Marsha Mutisi, Senior Finance Audit Principal, Nordstrom
- Bindiya Patel, Senior Director of Planning and Design, Global Health Programs, PATH
The new members will serve three-year terms, and they join returning board members Sanjay Chheda, Krista Dalton, Erin McCarthy, David McCune, Ali Mokdad, K.R. Prabha, and Paul Shoemaker.
About the Washington Global Health Alliance
WGHA connects and informs Washington’s global health community, creating a culture of collaboration at home so our members can have more impact in the world. Founded in 2007, WGHA was the first organization of its kind and has more than 70 members working to achieve health equity.
WGHA brings members together through events and conversations designed to advance common goals, share best practices, and foster collaboration across organizations and disciplines.