We believe in equity. We stand in solidarity against the racial injustices and health disparities facing people of color. To our Black colleagues, health professionals, & community members at home and around the world: We see you, we hear you, we stand with you.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused unprecedented and rapidly evolving challenges for people around the world and the global health organizations that support them. As WGHA provides support and coordination for member organizations, additional resources can be found on this page.
- For COVID-19 webinars and roundtables, visit our calendar.
- To keep up with Washington’s global health community and its engagement in the response, subscribe to Field Notes, WGHA’s bi-weekly newsletter.
- Public Health — Seattle & King County – Public health fact sheets, data, shelter-in-place information, and specific resources for King County, WA
- Washington State Department of Health – State-level guidance and information
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Up to date virus information and public health guidelines
- World Health Organization – Country and technical guidance and situation reports
Policy and research
- Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation – Data and modeling on virus peak date, ICU beds and ventilators needed, and fatalities
- Global Health Council – Tracking federal and global response
- Global Health Technologies Coalition – R&D tracker for COVID-19 research
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – Perspectives on research, vaccine trials, collaboration, and grants
- Washington Nonprofits – Resources for Washington nonprofit organizations on the federal CARES Act, fundraising, and other operational challenges
- Global Washington – Recordings of recent webinars on fundraising and communications during a pandemic
- Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce – Resources for nonprofits and small businesses relating to loans, emergency funding, and employment info
- Global to Local – Connection Desk offers health insurance enrollment assistance
- Fox Rothschild LLP – Legal information including the CARES Act, Paycheck Protection Program, loan forgiveness, unemployment, and pro bono assistance for medical volunteers
- University of Washington Medicine – Health facts for symptoms, testing, treatment, and medical appointments
If you would like to add your organization to the list, please email email@example.com.
Saving the elusive woolly flying squirrel, eliminating rabies in the Serengeti, and teaming up to take down malaria
Your global health transition plan and why women all over the world have one less thing to worry about
50 minutes for gender parity, a bigger table for Tableau, and a sanitation solution to skip for
Our MemberS • Join Us
We all want to be the ‘discoverer’ but the day of superman and superwoman is done, it’s all about alliances, teamwork and collaboration.
Dr. Margaret Chan
Former Director-General, World Health Organization
This is an exciting time to be doing science. I believe we are on the verge of making the kinds of scientific breakthroughs that will enable us to treat and prevent infectious diseases that today still kill about 14 million people per year.
Dr. John Aitchison
President, Co-Director, Center for Global Infectious Disease Research, Seattle Children’s Research Institute, speaking with the Seattle Business Journal
The fifth law of thermodynamics is that the rate of human connections is exponentially related to the rate of innovation.
Governor Jay Inslee
Speaking at the Seattle Chamber of Commerce Regional Leadership Conference
On the whole, the world is getting better … I’m not trying to downplay the work that remains. Being an optimist doesn’t mean you ignore tragedy and injustice. It means you’re inspired to look for people making progress on those fronts, and to help spread that progress more widely.
Writing as the first-ever guest editor for TIME magazine
It’s not enough to come together in reaction to a crisis. We need systems-level change where science, business, government, and philanthropic leaders think and act more holistically as the norm. Only then can we find a better balance between human advancement and sustaining the health of our planet.
Founder and CEO, Panorama; Chair of WGHA’s Governance Board